Monday, November 15, 2010

Style Icon: Debbie Harry

I have been a long time lover of Debbie Harry.  It started when they used to advertise those Greatest Hits of (insert genre of music or time period here) on television to me when I was in junior high.  I was first introduced to the song "Heart of Glass," here, and my long time love affair with Blondie began then.  Later, it caused me to have my hair short and blond, and in college, my workout playlist was full of Blondie. 

But what I really love about Blondie is Debbie Harry's no-nonsense style.  Whether in just a t-shirt, or in a fabulously glam dress, Debbie Harry always looks amazing.  She utilizes geometric patterns and bright colors in a way I only wish I could, and I've always wanted her short, messy, platinum blond bob (but let's be honest, it would not look good with my skin tone).  And her smokey eye and glossy red lip combo is a long-time standard of rock and roll, and one I've never been quite able to perfect the way that she does  Even now, after this many years, she still looks amazing, and she still can rock. 

yorkblog.com  
fashionableetsy.blogspot.com 
amaterialworld.net
smaggle.com

1 comment:

JJ Scholl said...

she's rad! thanks for stopping by.

x
JJ Scholl